UPDATE – 25/9/2020
Letters have now gone out to all patients who are eligible to recieve a free seasonal influenza vaccine at the surgery. Eligible groups are as follows:
- all patients aged 65 years and over
- all patients aged 2 and 3 years – once the child starts primary school healthy children must have their vaccine at the school
- all patients who are pregnant
- all patients who are Carer’s – must have completed a Carer’s registration form at the surgery and be on our Carer’s register
- all patients who are coded as being High risk of Covid19
- all patients who are considered as being “at risk” – patients with Diabetes, COPD, Stroke, ANK, DMARDS, Heart Disease and classed as morbidly obese.
- Asthmatics – only patients who are classed as having Severe Asthma are entitled to a free flu vaccine – patients must be on regular (monthly) inhaled steroid preventative inhalers and/or some form of asthma medication.
If you are unsure as to whether you are entitled to a free vaccination please ring the surgery and we will check this for you.